Actuarial Consulting Support
Actuarial Consulting Support
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
The purpose of the role is to deliver high quality actuarial support to the Actuarial Consultants. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your actuarial knowledge within a professional working environment where you will be trained and given all the support you need to flourish in your career!
About Capita | Employee Solutions
Offering the most comprehensive range of employee engagement services in the market, Capita Employee Solutions is uniquely positioned to assist organisations in delivering outsourced and co-sourced pensions administration, employee benefits consultancy, HR payroll, talent management and cutting-edge technology.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What you will do:
We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst who can demonstrate that they have knowledge of pensions and actuary work.
Capita will fully support any candidates looking to complete their qualifications!
- Ability to work under instruction of actuary appointed to a particular client
- Demonstrate experience and exam progression as determined by Head of Actuarial Services
- Works with of other actuarial analysts in accordance with agreed standards
- Delivers projects to agree specifications within timescales agreed
- Develops and continually strengthens pensions knowledge
- Adhere to and contribute to budget setting and project cost monitoring
- Carries out research, development and special project work as agreed by managers and to deliver outputs within agreed timescales;
Your experience will include:
- Honours graduate in Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related subject, with at least a 2.1 and meet the criteria for registration as a student member of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries.
- If the Analyst has taken an Actuarial Science degree, some exemptions from the actuarial exams is expected.
- Experience working with Defined Benefit pension schemes would be an advantage. Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proactive and eager to learn and work as a team
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Commercially aware
- Pensions experience
- Good presentation skills (or ability to acquire such skills)
- Good IT skills (Microsoft and Superval)
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday rising to 27 day's holiday with service, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.