Implementation Consultant - Installation, SQL scripting, VB scripting
- Role: Implementation Consultant
- Based: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £23-25,000 Per Annum + Good Benefits
My client are looking for someone to implement their software solutions (iOS, Windows and cloud-based) in a business to business environment.
A typical implementation involves:
- Liaising closely with their customer on a regular basis throughout the implementation life-cycle.
- Establishing their business logic, such as product pricing and discount rules.
- Setting up processes (using either in-house tools or third party tools) to extract data from the customers system to theirs (such as customers, products, order history, account history, price lists, product images etc.) and to feed data from their system back to the clients (such as sales orders). These processes may require software installation, SQL scripting, VB scripting, managing scheduled tasks in Windows.
- Configuring their systems to follow the customer’s business logic.
An implementation can take days, weeks or even sometimes months to complete, depending on the complexity of any interfacing requirements or dependence on third parties to complete some necessary tasks. The consultant will invariably have a number of implementations progressing in parallel so will need to manage their time and the customer’s expectations efficiently.
They currently have someone looking after user-training but there's scope to include this as part of the implementation consultant’s role. As they're such a small company they look to employ multi-skilled personnel. There may be other duties from time to time such as providing holiday cover to our help desk.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313877