Product Consultant for Conservation Management System (UK) at exeGesIS
Brecon Beacons (Option for remote working)
£25,000 - £36,000 depending on experience and skills
Who are we?
exeGesIS is a well-established and respected software consultancy with an impressive portfolio of information management applications used in the environmental and conservation sectors. In the last few months alone we have been working on dozens of interesting projects for clients including Natural England, the RNLI, the National Trust, Central Government, English Heritage, The Ramblers, many local authorities, Wildlife Trusts and the Church of England. In fact most of the major UK conservation and land management organisations are regular clients and we also have a number of important conservation clients overseas, particularly in N. Europe. One of our applications is the 'Conservation Management System' (CMSi), a comprehensive solution for the planning and management of protected areas. CMSi benefits from the close involvement of the CMS Consortium - a grouping of conservation organisations from the UK, Netherlands and Belgium that are closely involved in management and direction. The position we are recruiting for will be part of the small team that manages CMSi.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand the importance of rational, evidence-based management, i.e. you 'get the point' of CMSi
- Be smart with an ambition to learn
- Be positive and problem solving
- Be effective - getting things done right, first time and on time (well, most of the time).
- Be self-motivated, organised and disciplined.
More specifically you must have
A) At least 1 years' experience in the management of conservation /amenity sites or have other experience related to the management of property, habitats or species
B) Excellent IT skills to including at least 3 of the following:
1. A highly organised approach to work and project management
2. Database skills, e.g. querying using SQL, database management, etc. (Experience using SQL Server is advantageous)
3. GIS skills. Advanced use of one or more of ArcGIS, MapInfo and QGIS
4. Report writing experience using MS Access, Crystal Reports or similar
5. Server management experience
6. Website management and html editing capability
7. Configuring web mapping applications such as MapServer and GeoServer
C) Confident and effective presentational and client facing skills
D) Graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline
E) Driving licence
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313627