Marketing Assistant - Successful Independent School
Marketing Assistant – Successful Independent School
Are you seeking your next step as a Marketing Assistant? Want to increase your experience with a leading educational organisation? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Founded in 1604, Blundell’s is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 – 18. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
We are now looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our small and friendly team in Tiverton.
- Salary of £20,000 - £22,000 DOE and skills
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Free lunches
- Use of excellent sports facilities
- 25 days’ holiday
In this exciting role, you’ll have the chance to help shape and develop the voice and brand of a prestigious school with a rich history.
Based in 90 acres of beautiful Devon countryside, Blundell’s fosters a friendly and open environment where both students and staff can thrive. You’ll be supported to build on your existing skill-set, exercise your creative muscles and get involved with a broad spectrum of marketing activities.
As a Marketing Assistant, you’ll support the Director of Marketing and Communications with the delivery of the strategic marketing plan.
Specifically, you will:
- Take ownership of social media, press and publicity activities
- Collate, create and edit news stories for our website, social media and printed collateral
- Support the implementation of the social media strategy
- Liaise with other departments to ensure branding consistency
- To help organise and attend events, such as county shows and school fairs
- Meet and greet marketing-related visitors, such as members of the press
- Co-ordinate the advertisement of open days at Blundell’s
To be considered, you’ll need:
- Marketing experience or a qualification
- Familiarity with the marketing applications of social media
- A degree (or equivalent)
- The ability to work well, both on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Exceptional communication skills
Ideally, you’ll have experience or an understanding of working in schools, preferably in the independent sector. However, this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Assistant, Marketing Co-ordinator, Junior Marketing Executive, Trainee Marketing Executive, Social Media Assistant, Trainee Communications Executive or Marcoms Assistant.
Please note, this is a full time role that includes working during the school holidays. Some occasional evening and weekend work may also be required.
Webrecruit and Blundell’s are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next role as a Marketing Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312686