Job title: Product Manager
Sector: Telecommunications / IT / Data
Benefits: Salary £35,000 - £37,000
Our client is a UK communications development and manufacturing company serving the critical communications market around the world. The company is a market leader, well established and growing. There is now a requirement for a Product Manager to join the team.
This key position reports into the Technical Director. Responsibilities of the role include ensuring the profitable growth of the company's business through the identification of market opportunities for existing and new products and services in all business areas, the development of marketing plans to meet such needs and the subsequent implementation of plans approved by the board.
The successful candidate will have an Electronics or Computer Science degree or similar technical qualification, Product Management experience within a technical environment including software and experience of managing product life cycles. You will be commercially astute and have strong communication skills.
Key functions include:
1.To become thoroughly familiar with designated business areas to enable the following to be quantified:-
i) the ability of the company's products to meet current and future market requirements
ii) the nature and scope of competitive and technological threats and opportunities
iii) the market potential for existing and new products and services
iv) the capability of marketing resources to address that potential
2. To work with sales subsidiaries/distributors to define and thereafter to develop marketing strategies and plans which maximise the profitable growth of group business for current and new products.
3. Establish requirement specifications and business plans for Telephony products and services to meet current and future market needs.
4. Conduct market surveys for future applications and propose solutions, using SWOT analysis, to meet those applications.
5. Create and produce annual and longer term (3 years) product business plans which outline turnover, margin, application and market area. Complete this in conjunction with the relevant sales managers for submission to management for approval.
6. Develop product roadmaps and frequently review them to ensure alignment of market requirements.
7. Be responsible for Product group financial achievement including turnover and margin.
8. Monitor monthly budget sales versus actual sales and propose corrective actions to reduce any negative variance.
9. Conduct monthly update meetings with relevant sales areas to ensure on budget performance. Document proposed action plans and campaigns.
10. At least once a month conduct a meeting with the Development team to ensure development plans are on schedule. Document the results of the meeting to obtain ownership to drive for consensus and solutions
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313802