Capgemini is hiring Cloud Architect in London, UK.
Main Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a talented Cloud Architect to join our Cloud Foundation Practice in London, UK. The right person enjoys working as part of a team and would like opportunities to grow and develop their skillset across the board. To be successful you will be highly motivated to achieve the common goal and have a strong focus on quality. Our people enjoy working as part of a dedicated team and liaising closely with internal stakeholders such as our Engineers and Architects, Product and Marketing teams, Project Managers, Customer Support and Account Managers to deliver our Integrated Talent Management software solution.
This position focuses on defining a container-based architecture that can respond to current and future digital business requirements, business systems, and business processes evolving in the PaaS cloud journey. The Architect will follow a collaborative process with stakeholders, fellow architects, product management and business partners to collect requirements; in order to fully articulate the architecture of the platform, launch a Proof-of-Concept (POC) for the target state, learn from the POC and define the refactoring strategy to migrate from a monolithic state to container based architecture.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients
- Define Migration strategy to move application to cloud
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools
- Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
- Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Design the HA / DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee build of the environment
- Execute migration plan
- Leverage appropriate AWS services
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance control
- Heavy experience in design and implementation experience with distributed applications
- Heavy experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- Design of Cloud environments with knowledge on at least 2 cloud environments and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments
- Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure / AWS / Google cloud within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Nurture Cloud computing expertise internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption
- In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3 etc.
- Proven experience assessing client’s workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability, develop business case and Cloud adoption roadmap
- Proven knowledge of AWS platform and tools
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud-based Architectures.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
- Experience in platform and cloud migrations
- Ability to work with team members from around the globe / experience working with off-shore models.
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Excellent communication skills – preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Basic project planning experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Cross Vertical Expertise – subject matter expertise in financial, internet, retail, government/federal, telecom, etc. Any or all the above will be a plus
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- TOGAF certification can be an added plus
- Azure / AWS / Google Cloud based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage and networking.
- Development experience in major programming languages like Java.
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Own defining and designing the appropriate cloud architecture for applications and platforms; meaning, need to be able to assess an app, determine appropriate cloud pattern, define the to-be app architecture, cloud provisioning spec and design the cloud platform architecture...ensuring right security, performance, availability, scalability and cloud services/features are designed and implemented
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960314246