EC&I Systems Engineer
Carry out design, integration and testing of systems and products. Work closely with a designated Technical Lead to ensure that all engineering aspects of a specific system are completed to the customer's satisfaction, timescale and cost constraints.
Projects can be engineering contracts of differing size and complexity involving design, build, test, installation and commissioning.
* Responsibility for the EC&I element of bespoke system project work and to assist the Technical Lead in the successful completion of projects
* Defining standards for the team to achieve excellence in a highly regulated industry
* Guiding and mentoring junior team members where necessary
* Applying the principles of best engineering practice at all times
* Able to support FMEA, fault tree analysis, SIL substantiation and AR&M assessments
* Liaising with other Divisional stakeholders to ensure compliance with all customer requirements
* Contribute technical input to tender documentation including concept design and costing
* Active involvement in identifying and participating in improvement initiatives/projects
* Ability to spend short periods of time at other Divisional sites, customer sites and supplier sites
Our Client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of instrumentation for a diverse range of applications in the nuclear industry.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Proven experience in delivering designs in a regulated industry (ideally nuclear) to required standards & schedule is essential
An ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small team
Previous experience as a senior EC&I engineer, with a broad range of electrical, control, instrumentation and safety systems knowledge
Experience with compliance with the Machinery Directive and specifically standards EN12100 and EN13849-1
An excellent working knowledge of general national and international codes, specifications and standards including EN60204-1 and EN61010-1
Excellent computing skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Applications and of AutoCAD products.
Experience with PLCs and PLC programming with familiarity with GE Fanuc applications
A good appreciation of mechanical systems.
Degree Educated or equivalent
SC cleared (with the ability to obtain DV if required)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313348