Agile Software Delivery Manager
Our client is a leading financial Institution in the City and looking for an Agile Software Delivery manager to help leave a large transformation program. As an Agile Software Manager you will have proven experience leading teams on large projects, where you have played an active part in introducing agile methodologies. You will have proven experience managing the correct stakeholders and also transitioning environments from waterfall to agile.
- Proven experience as an Agile practitioner with a minimum of 5 years experience of organising teams to deliver large scale, complex strategic projects.
- This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Evidence of building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving.
- A minimum of three years Scrum Master experience running multiple software development teams.
- Demonstrable evidence of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown/Burn Up techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling issues/bugs)
- The ability to distinguish between what 'is Scrum' what is 'not Scrum'
- Experience of being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile : XP, Kanban, Crystal
- Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience of delivering software in a formal regime using source control management and controlled gates with relevant artefacts to support design, quality and support.
- Experience of working in a mid-sized corporate environment, successfully aligning solutions appropriately with wider roadmaps, architecture and other initiatives
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to hold team members accountable via appropriate empowerment, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Must be "self-motivated", efficient and innovative
- Experience of software development in a financially regulated business such as the Banking or Insurance market
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313426