Engineering Specialist (Engine Performance Development Lead)
Job Description For Vacancy No: 238415T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Engineering Specialist (Engine Performance Development Lead)
Job Status: Permanent
An opening has become available for a technical lead on the performance development program.
This role is accountable for the technical and program communication with the assigned system integration leads for the program with whom they will be responsible for agreeing project deliverables and milestones, managing the plan, and agreeing the content of the associated project documents.
The role will represent the department in key forums (NPI reviews, Design reviews, etc.) with other stakeholders. This position is responsible for the ownership of the required documentation related to statements of engine readiness and will provide input to performance, software strategy and hardware recipe decisions.
The role also requires day-to-day direction of activities for the development engineers and analysts assigned to the program, ensuring that issues arising are worked to conclusion through robust RCCA and developing mitigation actions and contingency plans. Where necessary the successful candidate will also be expected to take ownership of specific engine development activities, including test planning, execution of testing activities, analysis of results, and documentation. This role will ensure collaboration across the teams, process adherence, and leveraging of best practice.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of diesel engine performance and emissions development.
- Analytical skills, able to interpret technical data.
- A broad understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications.
- A self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers and suppliers.
- Decision making ability.
- Strong communication, leadership and project management skills are essential.
- Failure analysis, problem solving, product and process definition.
- Previous MATLAB, Simulink, or CAMEO systems experience is highly desirable.
- Directly working with other teams and suppliers, as well as occasionally customers and dealers too, requires that the successful candidate demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise to agree project deliverables and milestones.
- Provide technical leadership and effective communication to provide day-to-day direction of activities for the assigned development engineers in the team as well as make and communicate decisions and recommendations for control strategy and hardware recipe.
- Ability to represent the department in key forums such as Design Reviews.
- Ability to develop and manage a complex project to plan.
- Evaluate and promote new products and processes.
- Contribute to establishing strategies for new process and product programs.
- Develop and manage the project/program to the plan.
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas; perform product/process maintenance.
Salary: £43,000.00 - £55,000.00 (D.O.E)
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 18% bonus, possible car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312656