1st Line Service Desk role role in Victoria, London
Salary: 18 to 22 K GBP pa
- Log incidents and service requests via telephone and email.
- Provide on-site support to staff at LHQ and remote support to Healthcare users:
- PC hardware & software troubleshooting.
- User administration.
- Access request changes.
- Local site specific incidents & requests (including):
- Local support for meeting room AV, VC & Projectors.
- Local site Patching contact.
- VIP user support.
- Ensure that all work is properly logged and prioritised.
- Prompt answering of telephone/email queries.
- Professional service when on telephone and in person.
- Ability to translate information from technical to non-technical language.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Incident lifecycle management, from first contact to managing escalations to other teams or 3rd parties.
- To reduce the potential for compromise of Group information, through human error and misuse of information processing facilities and to ensure the security objectives of Healthcare. Information Security Policies are embedded in working practice, in addition to individual compliance responsibilities, and each IT Department employee is required to:
- Maintain awareness of Healthcare Information Security Policies and to take whatever actions from time to time required of him/her to support the objectives of the Healthcare Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Have regard for security policies, security standards, security processes and good practice relating to information handling, security administration and record keeping, physical and logical access controls and security incident reporting and encourage and promote security positive behaviour and compliance by others within the organisation.
- Proactively contribute to the ISMS via the identification and reporting of technology risks and solutions and the sharing of information security knowledge and recommendations obtained from IT professional bodies, vendors and the media as part of the role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of logs opened/updated/closed per week & month.
- Number of telephone calls answered per week & month.
- Accuracy of Incident information recorded.
- Percentage of tickets resolved by due date.
- First Contact Resolution.
- Average time spent on the phone.
- User satisfaction levels.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Supporting a Windows desktop platform, including:
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 products
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Supporting an Active Directory platform, including:
- User administration
- Group administration
- Basic login troubleshooting
- Supporting desktop/laptop/printer hardware
- Email administration (Office365)
- Experience of ServiceDesk toolsets
- Solid interpersonal relationships and communication
- Demonstrated ability to set personal objectives that support the business/team goals and personal motivation to deliver results
- Demonstrated success in responding to customer’s needs and delivering service or product on time and of high quality
- Experience of working in professional, service-oriented IT team
- Experience of meeting room AV equipment preferred.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309921