Cooling Systems Engineer
- Full Time
Position: Cooling Systems Specialist Engineer
Contract Type: Long term contract (12 months+)
Pay Rate: £20 to £24 depending on experience
The Cooling Systems team is part of the Power Train Systems Engineering group within Powertrain Engineering. The primary purpose of this group is to provide the technical backbone for all Cooling Systems from initial system and component strategy and ongoing support throughout the development cycle, ensuring robust deployment of technology in support of vehicle plans.
- Liaise with vehicle programme teams to agree targets (quality, function, cost, weight) and define strategy
- Lead the quality planning activities including component FMEA and Design Rules and Standards
- Develop and enhance company Design Rules, standards and processes for cooling systems
- Support benchmarking, design reviews and ongoing product quality improvements
- Support System Strategy and develop commodity strategy with purchase
- Work with Research team, Advance Engineering teams, Vehicle Packaging and suppliers to develop feasible design assumptions for future products
- Visit supplier sites on occasions
Skills, experience and qualifications
This role would suit someone who has gained some experience working with powertrain components and is keen to accelerate their career. For a highly motivated candidate, training will be provided with the objective to elevate you to becoming a Subject Matter Expert with specific cooling components.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience within automotive powertrain
- Sound understanding of the Design and Development Process
- Good engineering knowledge to include design for assembly, fit and function and a good understanding of GD&T
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Project Management and a strong disciplined approach to engineering delivery
- Able to demonstrate ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing suppliers (preferred)
- Knowledge of rubber hoses and/or plastic components used within cooling systems is very beneficial
This is an urgent requirement that my client is wanting to fill before the end of March.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313032