Bid Manager - Enterprise Data Management Firm
Your responsibilities as a Bid Manager are to implement all necessary bid procedures and manage bids qualification (pursuing/not pursuing new opportunities). Lead teams and work closely with different stakeholders, typically involved in sales, marketing, technology, operations, finance, legal and delivery.
Our client is a well-known Enterprise Data Management Firm
Your responsibilities as a Bid Manager are:
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the client.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary).
- Manage the bid budget.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties, in respect to the sales function as requested.
- Raise any concerns with regards to Equal Opportunity, bullying and harassment and bribery issues.
- Contribute to the Companies Environmental Policy by being aware of the resources required to undertake this work and making sure that resources are not wasted and are disposed of in a sustainable way.
- Follow safe working practices and assist in the maintenance of good housekeeping standards, in order to achieve a safe and healthy working environment.
- To contribute to, participate in and attend appropriate meetings and training courses as required.
- Inform, update and escalate areas of concern to the Line Manager / Senior Line Manager.
The job holder may be asked at times to carry out other duties not necessarily listed in this job description, but which are commensurate with this position.
Based in Central London, the Bid Manager requires:
- BA university degree or equivalent.
- Excellent IT skills - Microsoft packages - Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Dealing with confidential and sensitive data for employees, customers, clients.
- Commercial Awareness - to understand in great detail the needs and requirements of the client.
- Organisation - to ensure that all the information is ready before the bid is submitted; including liaising with various stakeholders, undertaking research, identifying budgets and other responsibilities all act as part of this process.
- Presentation - the ability to present in writing a fluid business proposal.
- Financial Awareness - capable of understanding the pricing requirements of the client, while ensuring that the costs they require to manage a project are not too high to deliver profit.
- Communication - capable of communicating with a range of stakeholders to ensure that a successful bid comes together and is ready for submission.
Our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in leading firm in a strategic position for the company's marketing and sales team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960311627