BI Support Analyst
BI Support Analyst - Gloucester
The PIB Group are looking to hire a full time BI Support Analyst to join the existing MI team based in Gloucester. The role is permanent full time and based in the office with some national travel as and when required.
PIB Group is a rapidly growing insurance intermediary group. Having launched in 2015, the group has completed a dozen acquisitions and grown to 800 employees across 25 locations across the UK and Guernsey. The group intends to continue its rapid growth for the next few years.
Overall objective of the role:
The BI System Support Analyst is responsible for supporting the MI Team Manager/Senior Systems Developers with day to day maintenance and development of PIB MI Systems (SQL Database/SAS BI Tool/Dashboard Designer).
Other Responsibilities include;
The role will require an individual to contribute towards integrating the data from various Insurance Broking Systems into one central data warehouse by scripting using T-SQL. A systems analyst will also be required to design, refine and distribute reporting via SAS dashboards/Explorations (Training will be provided). Another important facet of the role is to assist with testing, auditing and verifying the outputs of wider team to ensure the quality of data distributed to the business.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4 GCSE Grades A to C, including English and Maths.
- A higher-level qualification (preferably degree level) or 2 years relevant business experience
- Strong IT skills - including Excel and the ability to extract information into user friendly formats
- Effective planning, time management & organisation skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and identify new solutions.
- Work under minimal supervision and interact at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and can confidently analyse new data, drawing conclusions and communicating recommendations.
- Ability to write SQL based queries with minimal supervision to solve often complex reporting challenges
- Ability to write basic scripts and joins in any demonstrable computing language
Our client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.