Payments SME/Business Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payments SME/Business Analyst to join our clients ground breaking real-time payments processing engine. We need someone with a detailed real-world understanding of retail payment systems gained in a bank or similar financial institution. Experience with instant payments is highly desirable.
The BA will work in the Product team reporting to the Chief Product Officer, and will take ownership of specific areas of the product. Defining the required functionality will involve liaison with end users, CSMs, and other 3rd parties, so the candidate must be client-facing with excellent communication skills.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-moving environment, and the candidate must demonstrate initiative and drive while also remaining a team player.
- Define the product features at Epic level and break them down into User Stories
- Work with the development and test team to explain and elaborate stories, and ensure that the acceptance criteria are clearly and unambiguously stated
- Prioritise the backlog and support the team through development, providing domain expertise as required. Responsibility for review and signoff of the story
- Detailed practical experience of multiple retail Payment Schemes - SCT Inst, SEPA, FPS, RTGS etc.
- In-depth understanding of ISO20022 payment messages and the usage of specific fields within those messages
- Awareness of industry initiatives impacting the Payments environment
- Use of UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams and Use Cases using a modelling tool (or Visio)
- Creation and elaboration of User Stories using industry best practices and maintaining a product backlog in Jira
- Experience of working in a Kanban or Scrum software development environment, always focusing on delivery of business value
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for the detail - the candidate must demonstrate an ability to logically divide up a problem, identify and resolve contradictions and ambiguities
- Job Location: Wimbledon, London SW19
- Salary: Competitive Base + 20% bonus + 10% pension
- Travel Profile: Potential for occasional travel to client meetings
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the European Union and will be required to partake in pre-employment background checking
Is a leading Fintech solutions company providing institutions with faster and more cost-effective access to instant payments through an advanced and highly flexible software framework seamlessly integrated with core and back-office banking applications. Purpose-built to address the exploding demand for instant payment and PSD2 support, their solution represents the cutting edge of payments technology. It leverages the power of open source frameworks to deliver a unique blend of performance, resilience and flexibility at an attractive price point.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313276