Lead Network Engineer (Juniper and Cisco Installation) - Contract
Lead Network Engineer (Juniper and Cisco Installation Engineer) - NEW CONTRACT
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for an Lead Network Engineer within the Professional Services Department.
Job Title: Lead Network Engineer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Duration: 12 months
Rate: Market rates
This is a global core network upgrade. Focus is on site survey, BOM generation, then H/W installs and migrations and then day 1 support. WWT is providing the over-arching engineering support and our partner, who is providing the engineers. The Technician will get guidance from our Lead Engineers.
- Certified in CCIE or JNCE or equivalent
- Must have Juniper skills with Cisco
- Produce Site Design Implementation Design (IDES), and achieve Permit to Operate (PTO)
- Conduct Campus Office migrations
- Pre- and Post-implementation, manage schedule, provide migration strategy and run book, deployment and adherence to change control processes and communications
- Coordinate facilities and designated cabling contractor for necessary works
- Co-ordinate and manage local Business Leads
- Conduct NGCN, Wi-Fi and LTE installation, LAN migration, IP address change, NAK enablement, asset inventory management aligned with systems and end-user checkout
- Provide Day 1 support after each migration, includes floor walking, supplier holds spares and stock (based on pre-agreed levels) for any immediate triage and break/fix activities to be performed vendor engineer
- Old equipment de-installed, config removed and shipped to collection point for environmental disposal. (as per eWaste country policy)
- NGCN Router and WAN installation (may be conducted in advance mid-week)
- NGCN LAN installation, following scripted build interactions and implementation checks
- Create serial number to rack location (RU) for each installed device
- Connect and dress power cables to A/B outlet as agreed with the company (Where applicable)
- Wi-Fi installation and testing
- LTE installation and testing
- LAN migration with IP address change and NAK enablement
- Reconfigure IP Address to voice gateways (scripted change)
- Work with local NOC and operations and implementation teams to bring the site live
- Clean up and remove waste packaging
- Document spares and unused equipment to be left on site
- Provide delivery documentations and asset record
- Update ISAC to reflect new installed hardware and removed Legacy equipment.
- Program deployment schedule (by site and phase)
- Weekly progress reporting
- Stakeholder communications
- IDES documents
- Change request inventory
- Based on the results of the survey, WWT engineers will recommend remediation activities
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Must have a background in working within the Financial Services sector for Tier-1 Banks
- Role may require some travel across Europe.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and Europe. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Lead Network Engineer (Juniper and Cisco Installation), Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer Lead, Juniper Lead Engineer, Installations Engineer, Network Administrator, Deployment Engineer,
Since 2013 WWT has expanded their US business to Europe with the opening of a Sales Office in the heart of London and the build of a European Technology Center (ETC) and establishment of an Operations Team at Schiphol. There are 50 employees in London today and the organization is growing rapidly. Recently, Great Places to Work UK ranked WWT EMEA UK at #3 in the small category of business.
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider that brings an innovative and proven approach to how organizations around the world discover, evaluate, architect and implement technology. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
WWT is Headquartered in St. Louis. WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, Splunk, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,000 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the fifth consecutive year and was awarded #5 on Glassdoor's 2017 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Places to Work.
World Wide Technology is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES - ONLY DIRECT APPLICATIONS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960314235