Engine Performance Engineer
Job Description For Vacancy No: 238421T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Engine Performance Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
An opening has become available for a diesel engine performance engineer to join the Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out performance and emissions development work that will make significant contributions to the program.
As a Performance Engineer you will be a key member of the team working on a variety of product development projects covering performance and emissions development, validation and certification disciplines.
- Previous Performance or Product Development Engineering experience is essential, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
- Will possess good simulation-based product development and emissions testing experience.
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Previous experience using MATLAB and SIMULINK Systems is desirable.
- Ownership of product development projects, responsible for meeting programme deliverables (quality and timing).
- Collaborate closely with technicians, engineers and other process partners.
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of issues - clear communication with process partners.
- Effective communication of technical information including analysis, conclusions and recommendations. Formally documented in technical reports / sign-off packs as appropriate.
- Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis, initiate ideas, engage in continuous improvement opportunities.
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Relocation / Sponsorship: Not available with this role
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312630