Business Intelligence Analyst
My client are a upcoming energy supplier based in Edinburgh who occupy a unique position in the market. This is a small team that consists of BI and Business Analysts who work together to develop reports on utility billing platforms and develop ad hoc databases to manage small and varied data capture, management and processing requirements.
They are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who would be tasked with providing a range of reporting and database skills including:
- Design, develop, test and implement management reports using reporting tools.
- Work with heads of business units to understand business processes and outline report requirements for assigned projects.
- Implementing and maintaining a intranet based reporting platform using Apache and PHP.
- Write and run queries in multiple databases. Troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Assist in research and development of new business intelligence tools and techniques for report writing.
- Proactively generate and compile reports, with recommended improvements to, or new requirements for, business process and operational procedures.
- Liaise with BA's to build functionality as required
- Develop ad-hoc databases that might be free standing to meet a business need or linked to other core applications
- Provide expert advice on various software related matters related to core database systems
If you feel that the above duties are within your capabilities or if you tick some of the boxes and have a desire to pick up the other skills, then please get in touch with me for more information. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new team within a growing company. Please respond to this advert or email me on for more information.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313377