IT Release Manager
IT Release Manager
Permanent - Edinburgh
A fantastic opportunity has become available in Edinburgh to work with a well known and reputable financial service organisation to join the CIO Division as an IT Release Manager.
The IT Release Management team is responsible for the governance of the Change portfolio across the 5 areas of CIO (Tech Ops, Infrastructure, Security, Digital Innovation and Data) and controls the Release and Defect Management framework to ensure new technologies are driven by the CIO strategy and customer demand.
This role forms part of the IT Release Management team and will define and build a methodology framework for Release Management in a complex multi-platform environment. The Release Manager acts as a president to internal CIO areas to ensure the acceptance and sign off on forward Changes and Release planning. In this role the candidate will be responsible for the "design for service" and successful completion of Releases, and will participate in the end-to-end lifecycle of various projects in collaboration with Project Management, Change Management, offshore-and inshore parties and any other stakeholder actively involved within the Release Management Framework. You will own the Critical Success Levels for the specific releases and act as a pillar between business and technical teams.
- Define the IT Release framework across multi platforms including 3rd parties and act as owner of the relevant processes
- Support the delivery of the various projects and programmes within the IT release management framework
- Own the internal CIO Release Management Governance board to report on forward changes for acceptance and sign off
- Liaise with Business teams for the definition of CSFŽs according the ŽŽdesign for service'' IT Release strategy
- Create Risk and gap analyses for the specific initiatives
- Design metrics and reporting for Release Management
- Manage reporting on Release progress, delays and ŽŽpaths to greenŽŽ
- Own the Release Management calendar for your assigned areas
- Act as SME to stakeholders and effectively manage escalations
- Actively work with Development, Test, IT Ops and Defect Managers for planning and work prioritisation.
- Lead the go-live activities according the Release plan and within calendar milestones
Skills & Experience:
- Effective leadership skills and ability to coordinate cross-functional work streams.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the ITIL Framework and are a natural 'out of the box' thinker, flexible and innovator.
- Previous experience in a Release Management role
- Knows how to motivate others and communicate with success
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Strong analytical, coordination and problem solving skills
- Experience in developing reports and giving presentations
- Self-motivated, good organisational and teamwork skills
- Certificate in PMP, Scrum, Agile
- Software development experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960311569