About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies. Cloud is becoming increasingly important in the solutions we deliver to our clients, and we are looking for highly skilled Azure Technical Architects to join us who can bring deep expertise in public, private and hybrid cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure Stack.
You will be joining our UK Infrastructure Consulting practice as a Managing Architect, where you will be responsible for leading client delivery with Microsoft cloud technologies. You will also be involved in supporting our solution sales teams to shape and win our cloud engagements.
As a senior member of the practice, you will have wider internal responsibilities, helping to run our practice and develop our cloud capability in both technical and soft skills.
The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both client technical teams and executives. To be successful, you must be able to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and manage tasks to deliver outcomes, work effectively under pressure, and meet tight timelines. Travel up to 80% is expected, typically domestically but some international travel periodically required.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Own delivery responsibilities for client engagements, including but not limited to Azure cloud transformation, application migration/modernization, security & identity assessments, networking assessments and design, and workload migration & optimization
- Deliver technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, and provide feedback around the evolution of the solution
- Provide Azure and cloud sales support, including estimating, high-level solution development, cloud strategy, and workshop delivery.
- Shape end-to-end solutions and solution architectures for cloud transformation and modernization, including estimation, solution planning and collaborating with the appropriate Accenture and Avanade teams to create the optimal client outcome
- Partner with other solution architects and global product management to define standardized solution and services baselines, application add-ons and industrialized delivery options
- Work closely with Market Unit Leads, serving as a subject matter expert in cloud solution architecture and solutions; support regional teams with their capability development and skills growth; collaborate with delivery center solution architects and contribute to the Avanade collaboration community, including authoring internal and public blog posts.
You are serious about cloud, serious about Azure, and serious about enabling our clients to take maximum advantage of our cloud services and offerings. Clients see you as a trusted advisor and you have the credibility to influence peers and senior leaders within Avanade. You are highly entrepreneurial and can build a results-focused customer-centric culture, collaborate with partners across the globe, and develop solutions that deliver results for clients. You understand interactions and opportunities for synergy among parts of the business.
Your professional and technical skills most likely include:
- Azure expertise
- Understanding of Cloud architectures and strategy (public, private, and hybrid)
- Additional knowledge of Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Virtualization: Hyper-V, VMWare, Virtual networking, Security and application architecture
- Some knowledge of application architectures using non-Microsoft technologies such as Linux, SAP, and OpenSource technologies such as OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes and similar.
You likely have a Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related field, and/or equivalent professional experience, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at ***************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312564