Cloud & Application Architect
Cloud & Application Architect
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes
Highly completive salary and benefits package
Do you have a love for pizza and have a passion for technology?
Following continued success and growth, our innovative IT software team are looking for a talented cloud & Application Architect to join an established driven team.
This role is part of the Domino's Pizza IT Architecture team responsible for the on-going development and support of the IT Applications. The role holder will use their technical knowledge to provide a strategic vision for the implementation of technical solutions for the IT Applications including corporate, stores and eCommerce IT systems working alongside the Cloud & Infrastructure Architect.
You will join a high calibre group of software professionals, with a culture designed to offer a challenging but supportive and career enhancing environment. You will be required to have a high degree of professional accountability; in return you will be treated fairly and in a mature manner.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Own the lifecycle management of all applications across the enterprise, creating, implementing and managing a formal framework ensuring applications are supportable, extensible, maintained, upgraded, succeeded and decommissioned over their lifetime.
- Work across the portfolio of solutions identifying the synergies and dependencies of the solutions.
- Working closely with the Software Solution Architect team, the individual is expected to identify Functional and Non-Functional Requirements and provide corresponding cloud solution designs.
- Adhere to all the architecture principles and governance as defined by the Head of Architecture.
- Define the principles to be used across the solution teams to ensure synergy across the enterprise landscape.
- Develop technology strategies and roadmaps as appropriate for the application landscape.
- Liaise with the business to define the high level solutions and where they sit in the portfolio.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with a unique perspective, a coach who can promote architecture knowledge and skills within the team, and a guide who can help the solution architects make the best decisions.
- Create architectural artifacts that enable cross-project communication.
- Focus on the use of architectural patterns and reusable artifacts in the development configuration and deployment of an application, and harvests those artifacts for use in other situations. While ensuring the solutions meet organizational goals and priorities for versatility, usability, maintainability, robustness and innovation.
- Be responsible for the direction and adoption of the appropriate: frameworks, standards, libraries and approach, in the translation of architecture into working code or integrations; and to keep these up-to-date.
- With collaboration from the Cloud & Infrastructure Architect define the target architectures, the roadmaps and timescales for applications to ensure the most effective use of technology and digital services across the business whilst delivering the required business outcomes.
- Act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies.
- To take a lead role in the full life cycle delivery of the technical solutions for Business projects from initial concept, requirements gathering, specification, design, delivery, acceptance and into operational support.
Domino's Pizza UK & Ireland Limited places immense importance on having the right attitude, therefore the ideal candidate should have a real passion for technology and a desire to be part of a growing, successful and ambitious company.
You should ideally possess:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure / Cloud technologies
- 5+ years working on the Microsoft stack in c#
- 3+ years of software solution architecture
- Experience of microservice architecture
- IT Degree in a computer-related subject, or the equivalent professional experience
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team, providing value-driven technical leadership.
- Great influencing skills.
- Share and discuss ideas to drive personal and team development.
- Pride in the work you undertake and deliver.
- A passion for championing our customers (internal or external).
- A high level of confidence and accountability for doing the right things in the right way.
What we are offering
In return for your expertise, we'll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You'll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success. Domino's offers a competitive salary and a wealth of benefits. We offer a generous company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus, sharesave and share options and of course - discounted pizza as well as many other additional extras.
Please state your salary expectations on your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960311441