A Mechanical engineering company who manufacture products used within heavy engineering for a wide range of industries including Mining, Material handling, Renewable energy, Shipping and many more are now seeking a skilled engineer to support their products within the application of equipment to customers requirements.
You will be mechanically biased and be able to work with customers to produce a plan, application design and to then coordination with companies' products to meet and interface with their equipment. Suitable candidates will be HNC qualified in mechanical engineering or above capable of undertaking full engineering calculations including, power transmission and torque equations.
**Experience working with the integration of equipment associated with power transmission systems and Drives would be a distinct advantage.**
Other duties include:
- Work from customer enquires in the selection of units by undertaking full calculations in order to meet the required specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates for new assembly proposals through good understanding of the manufacturing costing system.
- Prepare quotations for presentation to customer.
- Co-ordinate between customer and design to manage the flow of information to ensure that the product fully meets the customer requirements. Track the progress of designs to ensure timely completion.
- Co-ordinate the submission of assembly drawings for customer approval and manage final submission of certified drawings and special documentation to customer's requirements.
- Provide on-site support for all products worldwide.
- Provide customer support on controls, trouble shooting and commissioning. Investigate control systems and track logic through electrical diagrams.
- Create Instruction and Maintenance Manuals for products using Microsoft packages.
- Provide technical support to sales team, distributors and customers.
- To carry out project work at the request of the Applications Manager.
This is an interesting and challenging role that would suit someone who likes a role with variety and different projects on a regular basis.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312505