Legal Counsel at national IT service provider (NQ-3 PQE)
Our client is a national telecommunications and IT service provider, searching for a Legal Counsel to join their highly regarded legal team based in Wakefield. The successful candidate will be required to provide timely and commercial legal advice, to assist in the negotiation and drafting of public sector contracts.
Knowledge and Skills
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of issues, reducing risk to the company.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers, large customers and partners in order to achieve objectives.
- Ensure the company complies with any obligations required by law.
The successful candidate will have gained post qualification experience in either a Law firm or in-house role. You must be able to demonstrate experience in some of the above listed requirements, and be willing to travel as part of the role therefore candidate will require a full, valid driving license to apply.
In addition to the relevant legal skills, candidates must have the appropriate interpersonal skills in order to thrive in this role. These would include;
- A team-spirited attitide but with an ability work independentl
- Commercially aware and keen to be involved in the business
- Able to think on their feet to assess risk and exercise sound judgement
- Enthusiastic about negotiating and advising on large scale contracts
Our client envisages that candidates NQ - 3 years PQE will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Ellie Welsh at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960311525