Software Engineer (DevOps)
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of a team developing and supporting a business critical financial application hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This involves working on changes from a number of global business units and ensuring that changes meet the needs of each of them.
You will be to design and build systems and servers to meet defined business requirements whilst ensuring compliance to standards for change initiatives and maintaining a robust and secure production service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly.
- Ensuring the security, performance, monitoring and design integrity of data and the underlying infrastructure.
- Analysing user requirements.
- Building close working relationships with Business customers as well as internal and external service providers to ensure continuity of Business and application service.
- Integrating existing software products to work together.
- Packaging software code / components for deployment, including release documentation.
- Contributing to the shaping of technical standards and guidelines.
- Providing input to inform the shaping of new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives or projects on systems/applications.
- Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future.
Skills & Experience required:
- Knowledge of Powershell and Windows scripting.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Puppet and Packer.
- Experience using distributed version control, such as GIT.
- Experience with Jenkins and/or automated build systems/processes.
- Exposure to Atlassian products such as Bitbucket/Stash, Confluence and Jira desirable.
- Exposure to Cloud computing, particularly AWS.
- Experience of Windows Server technologies – e.g. Active Directory, DNS, File services.
Nice to have:
- Experience of unit test and automated testing.
- Knowledge of C# and .Net technologies.
- Knowledge of ASP.Net MVC and web front end technologies e.g JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap and HTML5.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL and Entity Framework.
Church International Ltd (CIL) acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. CIL is a committed equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, however we may retain your details on our database for future opportunities. Candidate’s CVs will not be forwarded onto third parties without their consent.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313320