We are recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a global Automotive business based in Walsall. With international reach and significant investment across the group, my client is now looking for a Design Engineer. The role will take projects from initial concept stage right through the product life cycle as a Mechanical Design Engineer. Ideally candidates will have a background in forging and castings and be familiar using Catia software.
Our client is a Global Automotive Engineering business, based in Walsall. With internal reach and partnering a number of leading Automotive OEM's, they are now looking to bolster their Design and innovation department. The role provides full career development across their business and opportunities for sporadic overseas travel.
- Conceptual design and development of new products through the internal APQP and NPD business processes
- Generation of 3D cad models and 2D part / assembly drawings
- Generation of BOM's, cost calculations and detailed business cases
- Writing technical reports
- Design calculations and the application of advanced simulation / CAE techniques
- Creating FMEAs
- Design of test programs and Design Verification Plans
- Creating and delivering technical presentations to customers (both internal and external)
- Participating in activities with cross disciplinary project teams
- Supporting project leaders with reporting on project progress to the Senior Management Team
- Engineering HNC/Degree qualified
- Catia knowledge would be advantageous
- Good experience of DFMEA philosophy
- Knowledge of automotive component manufacturing processes (i.e. casting, forging, sheet metal forming, turning, milling.
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309683