Senior Java Developer
Senior Developer (Java) - London - up to £75k
We’re currently looking for Software Developers with xpertise in Java technologies, to work out of The City of London, for one of the UK's leading, multi award winning IT consultancies.
With over two decades of software delivery and advisory experience, our client is renowned for their technical excellence. They operate within many major industries like healthcare, financial services and retail & boast a client portfolio which includes some of the biggest global brands, which'll give you the opportunity to work on some very exciting and familiar projects.
Role: Software Engineer (Java)
Salary: up to £75,000 + (benefits)
Location: Central London (Travel Required)
Due to the nature of the business this is a client-facing role so successful candidates will have excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
More importantly perhaps, you will be able to demonstrate proven competencies in the majority of the following skills & attributes:
- Java 7 or Java 8
- RESTFul APIS
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computing, e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack, etc.
- Strong Object Oriented skills
- Exposure to continuous integration, build tools and scripting
- Use of source code version control using tools such as Git, Subversion or Mercurial
- Commercial experience of software development using Java
- Good database knowledge of SQL or NoSQL
- Development of highly concurrent systems (multithreaded and/or distributed)
- Experience of web / app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Hadoop
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP &/or Kanban
Flexible working hours • Support with professional & industry certifications • Fully stocked kitchens • Secondment opportunities • Weekend away every summer • Development opportunities & career progression • Agile working environment
If you want to join a passionate engineering community and have the opportunity to own and grow popular web apps, then please send through your CV in 1st instance and a good time to talk.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310008