Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Ruby on Rails Developers
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Elite company is in a strong phase of growth and due to a new IT infrastructure and product suite they are looking to expand the team with 2 Senior Ruby (and Rails) developers. They work in a collaborative Agile environment where you will be working with different departments to come up with the best possible solutions. Product ownership discipline is also being developed to create highly efficient product teams.
Their development approach is a continuous evolving one as they embrace new technologies and if it makes sense for the business then they use it. They always start with Open source tech and encourage community interaction. If they can add something to the community, they will.
Their new Tech stack includes Ruby, Rails 5, React.js, Redis, Ansible, Postgres. We are going to be using Action Cable and other new features in our products
Being Developers there is always an opportunity to learn new skills, explore new tech and to mentor junior developers. Pair programming is encouraged.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE IS.....
The ideal candidate will be great with people, have excellent communication skills and able to multi task efficiently. They will work under pressure using their own initiative with a creative approach to problem solving. You will also be a self-starter, used to working on your own initiative or as part of a team, if necessary flexible in your approach to work and hours required to complete the task in hand.
- Significant commercial experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in designing, developing and implementing creative, innovative and technically leading solutions
- Responsible for implementing new architecture to support our products
- Working with members of the business at all levels, to formulate technical solutions to meet business needs
- Experience working in Agile teams and in a TDD approach
- Producing good quality, well-structured code. Always thinking about performance
- Great communication skills talking to varying parts of the business and translating that into development speak
If this is you and you want to know more, please send me your CV ASAP
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312662