Digital Project Manager - ITIL - SCRUM
Digital Project Manager / 6 Months Contract / Manchester / 350 to 400 GBP (Per Day)
**IR35 Status **The client has stated that this role is Out of Scope of the new off pay-role worker legislation**
A Digital Project Manager ensures that the expected outcomes of a digital project are met within cost and time constraints. They are typically accountable for high risk, complex digital projects and may be handling more than one project at a time.
They use their extensive understanding of the digital activities needed to help dynamically organise internal digital teams and digital suppliers to optimise their chances of success. Critically they are accountable for setting a good, sustainable pace for team members and suppliers.
They apply good project management practice for planning, tracking progress, managing risks and issues, financial management, scope control, resource management, stakeholder management and governance.
They are accountable for efficient integration with other delivery teams and departmental governance.
They are experts in resolving conflict and in ensuring good collaboration.
- Lead and work with their team to ensure they have the right working environment and the tools needed to deliver value based on what users need
- Engaging collaboratively with product owners, stakeholders and business analysts to set priorities for teams and communicate what is achievable for projects and programmes
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across Departmental and other boundaries
- Work with product owners and other stakeholders to define the road map for products and services and work with teams to translate that into an achievable backlog
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process, helping teams to prioritise work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the project or programme
- Monitor team, project and programme progress frequently and comprehensively to optimise and adjust plans reporting regularly to senior stakeholders
- Keep track of and communicate the team progress against prioritised backlogs and making necessary adjustments to plans
- Ensuring sponsors and genuine stakeholders are on-board throughout and that non-genuine or minor stakeholders don’t impede momentum
- Engage with the sponsor to monitor and feed into the business case from initiation and as it changes throughout the project lifecycle drawing on expertise from suppliers, users, subject matter experts and external consultants
- Track spending and forecast regularly to remain within budget tolerances demonstrating continually improving forecast and spend accuracy.
- Effectively lead suppliers to get optimum value from their engagement
- Lead successful delivery outcomes across all stages of the development lifecycle projects and programmes, making sure that products at all stages are fully tested, perform at scale and are fit for purpose.
- Actively participate in the community, learning, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in good practice
- Have the ability to motivate peers to deliver at pace and set a positive team environment. Be able to manage difficult relationships and help teams overcome conflicts
- Have experience of leading the delivery of digital services from inception through to go live. Also experience of in-production enhancement of services.
- Be adept at spotting project risks and blockers to work and remove or action them. Be a creative and effective planner – both internal and external to team – optimising speed to market, value and quality. Be able to solve or escalate issues quickly and effectively, identifying themes and help the team learn from experience
- Have experience in understanding and managing budgets and preparing bids for funding / business case approval. Experience of working within a public sector or large organisation
- Can demonstrate experience of procurement, commercial and supplier management in a public sector or large organisation. Demonstrates ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and to cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Have experience of working with security related stakeholders and expert teams to enable secure
Accreditation & Qualifications
• IT management Level 6
• Business risk management Level 5
• Portfolio management Level 5
• Programme management Level 6
• Project management Level 6
• Systems development management Level 5
• Resourcing Level 5
• Recognised project management qualification. For example, PRINCE2 Practitioner
• ITIL Foundation or Practitioner
• Recognised certification in Scrum techniques
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960312683