Service Support Engineer
Service Support Engineer - West Sussex - from £27000pa plus benefits
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high cost special purpose machinery.
They require a Service Support Engineer to provide:
- Customer support through telephone and email. Excellent communication skills are required. A calm, patient and logical manner is required when dealing with issues/problems.
- Planning engineers' visits, organising and booking travel arrangements, hotels etc. Liaising with customers to agree time, dates for service visits.
- Spare parts administration, identifying parts required, producing quotations, converting quotes into orders.
- Electrical fault diagnosis, reading electrical related drawings, wiring diagrams circuit diagrams, logical approach to fault diagnosis required.
- Mechanical fault diagnosis, reading 2D and 3D mechanical drawings understanding measurements and tolerances.
- Briefing Service engineers prior to scheduled work, liaising with engineers on site regarding faults, installations and service visits.
- Software - understanding different types of HMI, PLC and dedicated controllers, being able to communicate with others to operate from afar.
Electrical Engineering City & Guilds level 1&2&3 or HNC/HND and/or 17th edition, or Electrical Degree.
Previous experience of 3 phase industrial environments .
Knowledge of PCBs & PLCs (up-loading of programmes and interrogation of fault record for trouble shooting).
Good computer skills. Word, Xcel, and knowledge of a service module.
Must be free to travel worldwide with no restrictions
For more details on this excellent opportunity please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310023