Senior Technical Analyst
Senior Technical Analyst | £45,000 | Glasgow
Your new company
The market leader in their industry and historic well respected brand known the world over. Based just outside of Glasgow looking to hire a new Senior Technical Analyst on a permanent basis.
Your new role
As a Senior Technical Analyst within IT you will be a member of the team which covers 1st & 2nd line operational support as well as 3rd line change projects. In terms of 3rd line responsibilities, you will link in closely with the Business Analysts to provide technical solutions. You will be required to carry out full impact and risk assessments before taking ownership of the end-to-end delivery of the change across multiple functional and technical areas, right through into production environments. You may also be required to coordinate a number of other Technical Analysts, to collate quality assurance and detailed estimates, and to oversee the effectiveness and completeness of technical design, documentation and quality assurance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or relevant qualification
- ITIL v 3 Foundation accredited
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a similar role within a multiple supplier environment
- Appropriate professional certification
- A good understanding of event management technologies, virtual and physical servers, replication technologies, basic resilience methods for networks, servers databases and applications
- Experience of working in a complex sourcing environment with multiple, diverse partnerships.
- Identify smarter ways of working with new technology
- Experience in Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Player, enthusiastic, proactive & self-motivated person, with strong organisational, planning & interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations in a logical manner
- Good relationship builder with strong diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Work well in ambiguous and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a good understanding of business environments
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to adjust to changing business requirements
- Good networking and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Logical & objective
What you'll get in return
On top of the competitive salary there is also a final salary pension scheme, 35 days annual leave and a host of other optional benefits. A brilliant work life balance while allowing you the opportunity to work with exciting technology in a renowned organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.