Senior Project Engineer - Rolling Stock Enhancements
With offices throughout the UK, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas. With over 50,000 employees globally and a turnover of £5bn, following the acquisition of WS Atkins in July 2017, we are now one of the largest Engineering firms in the world.
From providing passenger fleet enhancement services to international operators, owners and manufacturers, to developing and managing interior refurbishments, train system enhancements, life extension packages and modifications, SNC-Lavalin’s Rolling Stock Enhancements team have the knowledge that matters. We support the full lifecycle of an enhancement project covering feasibility studies to assess options, concept designs and industrial design schemes, engineering design and assessments of fire safety, design assurance and safety assurance, materials procurement and installation programme management.
The role of Senior Project Engineer is to lead all aspects of a variety of fleet enhancement assignments undertaken for clients including estimating, tendering, planning and execution. You will act as a source of knowledge and guidance on technical areas within existing Rolling Stock upgrade projects, including design, system integration, interior refresh and refurbishment.
Other essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with team leaders, section head, the commercial team and others within the business to support both RSE and broader business objectives.
- Support the continued development of people and processes within the RSE team, utilising your experience to bring new ideas and solutions.
- Assist the Commercial team in targeting clients, as per pre assigned portfolios on the basis of developing continued and new business.
- Ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, to the client’s satisfaction and in accordance with SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit’s procedures and safety management system.
- Manage supply chains ensuring procurement is suitably specified and managed.
- Through a network of existing contacts, be able to bring new opportunities to the team and business, and be capable of generating new work.
- Create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure that your line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress.
- Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most cost effective service to customers.
Required Experience & Skills
You will be an Engineer with a degree in a relevant discipline, ideally chartered or working towards it. You will need experience in delivering projects in the Rolling Stock domain from a consultancy, new build, maintenance or operating capacity. It’s advantageous to have a knowledge of the risks associated with each aspect of the lifecycle of a Turnkey project such as; bidding, concept, detailed design, rolling stock approvals, material procurement and installation, maintenance and warranty.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related bonus schemes, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is 2nd April 2018
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309026