Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician
Dimensional / Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Technician required immediately for a permanent / temp to perm position in South Manchester area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications) The Calibration Technician / Engineer will be working circa 39 hours (Mon-Fri days).
The client may also consider candidates who have recently completed a mechanical engineering apprenticeship or candidates from a mechanical inspection / quality or similar background who have experience / knowledge of using standard measuring equipment and carrying out in-house calibrations. It is essential to have dimensional / mechanical experience and it is advantageous to have basic electrical calibration experience / knowledge as well.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable, (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Sick Pay
- Occasional O/T - midweek O/T and Sat hours @1.5x and Sunday hours @ 2x
Purpose of Job: To be responsible for all aspects of calibration, measuring instrumentation to national standards and liaising with line Managers to ensure they receive a first class service.
Main Accountabilities: Undertake Calibration inspections, measurements to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. The successful candidate must be familiar with National and international standards (17025) Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing the relevant business management system.
The successful Mechanical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- To calibrate Mechanical measuring instrumentation to company procedures, specific parameters and in line with industry standards
- Accurately recording results and in line with industry standards
- Comply with company H&S guidelines.
To be suitable for this Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Ideally will have completed a relevant mechanical or quality engineering apprenticeship.
- Must have previous experience of using and calibrating digital and manual measuring devices such as verniers callipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks, gauges (pin, plug, ring, screw and height), engineer squares, pressure gauges and torque equipment to in-house / traceable standards.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings with a good understanding of Geometric Tolerances.
- Must be PC Literate in MS Word and MS Excel.
The ideal Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role will have the following skills / experience:
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Dimensional Calibration Engineer.
- Experience of using / calibrating screw gauges, fixtures, component inspection, sine tables / bars.
- Calibrating mechanical measuring instrumentation to National / UKAS standards.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline ideally equivalent to HNC or higher.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and measurement uncertainties.
Key words: Calibration, Test and Verification, Calibrating, Test & Measurement, Calibrate, Metrology, ISO9000 Quality Systems, UKAS, NPL, Dimensional, Physical, Mechanical, Engineer, Standards Room, Inspector, Mechanical Technician, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Manchester, Stockport, Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester, Cheshire
The successful Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Mechanical Calibration Technician / Metrology Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. With experience of working in a manufacturing environment, you will have a standard-level education, have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
If you are interested in Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Engineer / Technician role and have the required experience please click on the apply now button.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310613