Head of Product Management
Head of Product Management
Location: Somerset - Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Weston super mare, Bridgwater
Salary: Up to £50,000pa (dependant on experience)
Ambridge Harris is delighted to be supporting their Somerset based client to recruit for a Head of Product Management on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the Head of Product Management role will be to take accountability for the strategic direction and business performance of a product portfolio and taking responsibility for driving profitable growth via range development and enhancement.
This high-profile role will take the lead in managing product research requirements, product / technical specifications, identifying, developing and launching new products and collaborating with the senior sales team to deliver category development and increased market share.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Accountable for key financial deliverables including:
- £GSV / £SGM / SGM% / Vitality rate / product mix / sourcing / cost management.
- Budget responsibility to deliver NPD and product enhancement activities from range extensions through to new product categories.
- Deliver strategic product category plans outlining business direction and objectives including 3 year rolling roadmap for NPD requirements for the company via third party sourcing / manufacturing.
- NPD process ownership - ensure all aspects of process are followed and delivered.
- NPD commercial validation to exploit commercially viable NPD opportunities aligned to our business strategy in conjunction with our Engineering & China team.
- Promotional product deployment in line with channel and communication strategy - results driven.
- Support channel management with key account reviews / sell in of NPD -as product expert.
- Be a product 'expert' across Retail / Spec and competitor ranges - channel support.
- In-depth market knowledge of macro environment and our end users within all distribution channels - drive market research requirements.
Key skills, abilities and competencies needed:
- Degree qualified preferably in a project management field and/or with project management / category management qualification, or equivalent qualification/experience
- Significant experience in a Category / Commercial Management role ideally in the brassware / lifestyle industry
- High degree of commercial aptitude, with a focus on results
- Proven track record of analysing and evaluate strategic marketing opportunities
- Relevant industry knowledge with a bias towards brassware and lifestyle categories
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to present to varying audiences - a strong level of self-awareness
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment - the flexibility to adapt is essential
- Professional communication skills both written and verbal; numerate and literate; with exceptional levels of accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Proficient IT and Reporting skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.