Technical Architect - £575 per day Ltd Co - London
Technical Architect required for an initial six month contract in central London.
Key tasks and deliverables
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of a complex, transformational digital service.
- Understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security and fraud avoidance.
- Build and maintain a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Advise on, manage and implement agile delivery projects within the department, providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile technical delivery and evolutionary software architecture to government departments and agencies.
- Understand risk based governance frameworks and how they can interoperate with agile delivery models.
- Understand technical dependencies between the project and other systems and business units.
- Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
- Excellent knowledge of modern digital technologies and technical architectures, especially open source and open standards
- Exceptionally elevated level of digital literacy
- Proven ability to lead and develop a highly-skilled specialist technical development team and introduce a dev/ops culture
- A deep understanding and experience of using of agile project management techniques and working practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services
- Experience of dealing with large scale corporate or government projects
- Awareness and understanding of industry standard security issues, processes and an understanding of Data Protection law and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience (past or present) in coding languages, including at least one of Ruby, Python, Java, C++, C# or .Net.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309684