Functional Skills Tutor
Our client a leading Training Provider are urgently seeking
to fill this position with an immediate start
Hourly Rate of £15.00 per hour LTD - (PAYE available)
As an English and Maths trainer, you will have experience of classroom based delivery
Preparing, planning and delivering Functional Skills/Award level literacy and numeracy ranging from entry level to level 2
You will need Excellent planning and organisational skills
Previous experience of delivering end to end English and Maths functional skills lessons with the ability to teach up to Level 2 is essential
An outstanding track record along with being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual.
- You will prepare and review lesson plans, schemes of work and teaching materials and develop material for classroom interventions as part of
- Prepare learners for examinations and create appropriate and interesting revision activities
- Carry out regular reviews and monitor learner’s progression in line with their Individual learning plan and set new learning targets.
- To liaise with our Operations Manager as appropriate
- Complete internal paperwork relating to client attendance, achievements and other activities
- To participate in appropriate programme, course and standardisation meetings to ensure contributions to individual learning programmes
- Administer and invigilate Assessments following the Awarding Body’s regulations and in house invigilator procedures
- You will participate and contribute to curriculum developments
- You will maintain CPD and keep up to date with all developments within English and Maths both internally and nationally
- You will adhere to all organisational policies and procedures including equality and diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
Person Specification Skills and Qualities:
- Recent experience of the teaching learning delivery and assessment of all elements of a variant of vocational and non vocational areas
- Knowledge of awarding bodies and specifications
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of business
- Knowledge of Ofsted and Common Inspection Framework
- Ability to work collaboratively within a relevant education or training setting
- Ability to manage own work and take initiative within a team and influence others
- High level literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take part in all Links2work improvement initiatives.
Background and experience:
- Experience working in a teaching and learning environment
- The ability to work in a target orientated environment and achieve required measures of success and quality
- Experience in the delivery and assessment of accredited qualifications in the field of employability, vocational training and career development
- Experience of unsupervised working and using own initiative.
Teaching qualification: PTLLS or DTLLS or P.G.C.E or any other teaching qualification including specialist Literacy and Numeracy for Functional Skills up to Level 2.
You MUST have an enhanced DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960308889