Junior Support Engineer Apprentice
Avalon Systems specialises in the field of Electronic Warfare (EW), undertaking the design and manufacture of EW subsystems and providing engineering consultancy services and through-life support. Command & Sonar Systems.
To assist the IT manager with IT support (Support is a term used to provide Information Technology support to the UECCS business) and requirements for an efficient and proactive department. This may include some development to improve standards and reduce costs.
To provide focussed approach to administration and 1st line IT Support tasks within the IT department.
First Line Support is the initial support level for basic customer issues, where necessary clarify, diagnose, resolve or document and escalate if appropriate.
- To provide support for the user base for all hardware/software and communication products used, adhering to the agreed SLA at all times.
- To maintain Software / Hardware assets. This will include the registering of new software and hardware assets and ensure compliancy. To provide regular reports to the IT Manager and those that need them
- To build new standard desktops and laptops (from images) for roll out throughout the organisation as required.
- To install, upgrade desktop applications, hardware and operating systems.
- To provide 1st line support on all servers across the infrastructure this will include both physical and virtual implementations.
- To provide 1st line support for all networking components, i.e. switches, cabling systems including patching and associated peripherals.
- To assist and manage office moves, ensuring all IT equipment is disconnected and reconfigured in accordance with the requirements.
- To manage the backups and tape rotation and storage in line with the backup and restore procedures.
- To record and issue remote access tokens in line with the appropriate security procedures and work instructions.
- To maintain the IT stores ensuring all items are correctly recorded and carryout regular inventory checks.
- Maintain Contract renewals/deletions.
- To assist with the documentation of procedures and technical notes.
- To be conversant with IT security and help maintain user compliance.
- To raise purchase requisitions as required in support of IT products and services.
- To ensure that the work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- Microsoft and Network qualifications are also desirable
- Experience of supporting customers by telephone / remotely
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- If you hold a driving licence this will be a bonus.
- Experience in retail, or on a help - desk is desirable but not necessary as their will be training on the job.
- Work hours vary between 8am - 5pm & 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Career progression
- Salary increase
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960308445