Digital Marketing Tourism Officer Part Time
Digital Marketing Tourism Officer
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Contract: Fixed term, 1 year contract
Hours: Part time, 22 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum FTE (£17,837 - £20,810 pro rata)
Interview date likely to be Monday 26 March 2018.
Visit Essex is the official tourism and destination management organisation for Greater Essex. Tourism is one of the largest business sectors in Essex contributing £3billion annually to the local economy.
The principal purpose is to work in partnership with the public & private sectors to support economic growth, through product development, marketing and promoting the wider county as a place to visit, live and do business, as well as continuing to grow tourism.
This role will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering engaging and accessible content across our multiple digital channels. With a forward-thinking, proactive attitude you will be constantly seeking to grow and expand our online and digital presence and ways of working. Significant focus will need to be placed on optimising user journeys and digital marketing campaigns to continually improve traffic and conversion.
* Develop and implement a digital and social media strategy
* Introduce new digital channels and functions into Visit Essex's activities
* Update the website on a continuous basis, improve the SEO and provide reports on the websites performance. Drive traffic to the website via other digital channels and ensure Visit Essex increases its online presence via re-marketing campaigns, reciprocal links to others websites and newsletters.
* Write copy liaising with our members for a monthly blog and consumer e-newsletters
* Work with the marketing Manager to attract influential bloggers to attend press trips and visits.
* Planning, writing and scheduling stand out content for delivery on social media across multiple sites with the aim to grow social media following and presence, including use of memes, videos and photography. Update and engage on social media on a daily basis and analyse effectiveness of Social Media campaigns
* Integrate digital channels with one another and all other Visit Essex activities
* Create digital marketing campaigns to attract visitors to Essex for short breaks or day visits
* Manage internal systems
* To support the team to become more commercial with suggesting digital income generation ideas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of running digital marketing campaigns using a variety of different digital channels with expertise in producing engaging and accessible content for a range of social media channels and using a variety of techniques to evaluate impact.
- Excellent understanding and professional experience of social media management, keeping up with the ever changing trends
- Excellent copywriting skills, and experience of producing copy for a variety of different audience groups and online channels
- Proven track record in website management, preferably having previously project managed the production of a new website
- Experience in working with bloggers, demonstrating great communication and presentation skills
- Good at creative thinking and problem solving
- Evidence of team working and ability to support team members
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.