Mechanical Design Engineer
EKES (Belcan) is a Tier 1 Approved Supplier to a number of Aerospace and Industrial engineering OEMs and delivers a broad range of Engineering Services across the globe (USA, UK, Germany & Poland). Due to our continued success we are looking to add to our Mechanical Design Engineering Team.
Applications are eagerly sought from experienced Mechanical Design Engineers keen to further their career, working alongside one of the world’s largest OEM`s.
These roles are open to both permanent and contract applications.
Working within our Design teams, successful candidates will contribute to world class engineering solutions whilst interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines both in house and with our clients. Ideally candidates will hold a strong working knowledge of Gas Turbine engines and be competent in discussing technical issues with wider team members and our clients. Ability to work within a multifunctional/ multi-national team is important. Gas Turbine experience would be beneficial but not essential, candidates from other industries who have transferable skill would also be considered.
- Work with our multi-disciplined project teams/ managers and clients to understand customer needs and derive the technical specifications required.
- Work to milestone delivery schedules and plan work load accordingly, holding to cost and schedule plans and wider client restraints.
- Understand customer needs and derive component requirements.
- Produce optimal design solutions to address specified requirements by using robust and systems design techniques.
- Lead DFMEA, project risk assessments, Design for Manufacture and similar robust design techniques.
- Obtain design approval through the relevant design reviews ensuring that the design meets the agreed component requirements and plan milestones.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Candidates must have previous mechanical design experience
- BEng or Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or similar course.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to build new relationships with customers and suppliers and hold a positive approach to team working
- Ability to plan and deliver to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and skills in the following areas would be advantageous, although supplementary training will be given as necessary: Siemens NX, Teamcentre, MS Office and Project.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960308636