Contract Liaison Officer
Ashfield District Council has a unique opportunity available for a Contract Liaison Officer to join the team. This is a full time, permanent role, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £26,822 - £27,668 per annum plus an essential car user (currently being reviewed)!
As one of the largest employers in the area we offer a wide range of services across the district including housing & assets, waste & environment, community protection, environmental health, planning and customer services to name just a few.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to join our Assets and Procurement Section. The successful Contract Liaison Officer will be responsible for the supervision of major refurbishment and building works contracts and programmes ensuring that appointment contractors adhere to contractual requirements and standards, and for carrying out stock condition surveys to properties and assets owned by the Council.
Key Responsibilities of our Contract Liaison Officer
- Ensure contractors and partners adhere to the contractual requirements in relation to Health and Safety, including that operatives have the appropriate Health & Safety training commensurate with the required work activities, wear the appropriate identification and personal protective equipment etc.
- Liaise with other Sections/departments within the Council, relevant third parties and key stakeholders in order to deliver works effectively.
- Responsible for attending/holding 'on site' progress meetings, tenants meetings, and the provision of site progress reports to the Team Leader - Contract Liaison.
- Responsible for advising tenants/customers on all aspects of the proposed refurbishment and major works (including, progress, timing, quality) and assisting with any enquiries associated with the works carried out and building components replaced/installed.
- Any other duties falling within the remit of the post as may be required
Skills and experience required of our Contract Liaison Officer
- Minimum ONC, or equivalent proven experience within a building construction environment.
- City and Guilds or Equivalent in an appropriate
- Building/construction/maintenance contracts D Interview
- Technical aspects of construction and refurbishment.
- Legislation, Regulations, and Procedures relating
- Building/refurbishment/construction e.g. Building Regulations.
- Legislation, Regulations, and Procedures relating to Social Housing (Desirable)
- Trade Discipline (Desirable)
- Apprentice trained background (Desirable)
- Microsoft Office or other relevant IT related qualification (Desirable)
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Interview Dates: Thursday 5th April 2018
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Contract Liaison Officer. We'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310620