Area Sales Manager - East 5
Age UK has just over 400 charity shops throughout the UK, offering a wide and ever-changing range of goods. Each shop provides a gateway to the whole charity and generates vital income for the charity.
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager to maximise retail net profit in a given number of shops through developing and implementing operational plans to drive sales, manage stock and control costs at area level.
This is a field based role predominately covering South Yorkshire, Nottingham, Leicestershire and the surrounding area.
- Visit stores regularly, formulate action plans for sales and profitability
- Ensure stores meet or exceed sales/profit
- Ensure stores are fully compliant
- Build sales environment at store level
- Contribute to the planning of annual financial budgets
- Provide reports on performance and profits to set KPI's
- Ensure sufficient stock generation for the store
- Manage staff and performance
- Lead by example
- Manage and execute meetings with local management teams
- To provide additional support for the ASM's in dealing with vacancies, sickness and performance.
- Work with head of retail Operations and Divisional Sales Managers to troubleshoot under-performing shops.
- Work on reasonable special projects.
* Successful proven record of achievement in a multi site retail business environment at area level , ideally within Charity retail sector
* Successful proven field management experience within a geographically diverse area
* Experience of managing staff and performance management.
* Experience of recruiting and developing staff.
Skills & Knowledge
* Current working knowledge of all major retailing environments within UK
* Competence in reading and interpreting financial statistics, reports and complex data
* Ability to set and monitor shop budgets.
* Ability to build and maintain an effective team, recognise potential and manage performance.
* Ability to plan and prioritise the work of yourself and others.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Able to effectively communicate at all levels, including volunteers and members of the public.
* Knowledge of health and safety, in relation to a shop environment.
* Awareness of issues relating to recruiting and retention of volunteers.
* Use of Microsoft based IT programmes including, Word, Excel, and Outlook or similar
* Able to plan and implement large scale resource deployment
* Competent presentation skills to deliver to diverse audiences
Full current driving licence
An entirely flexible approach to working hours and extensive travel demands including some overnight stays.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.