Technical Support Engineer
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Our client based in Crawley is looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer.
Purpose of Role: Customer service activities from quote creation to delivery of the service requested. Service, testing and support of optical, electrical and electronic systems.
Provide support to:
- External clients with initial installation or whenever customer service activity is required.
- The manufacturing team in alignment, setting and installation whenever required.
- R&D on key projects whenever required.
- The application lab with alignment, setting and installation issues.
- Generate quotations related to service with support from sales manager or product managers when needed.
- Create TFRs or participate in TFR updates and discuss where ECNs might be needed.
- Create Return Material Authorisations (RMAs) and issue to customers.
- Plan and process the service and installation visits in the field.
- Respond to service related queries and technical requests of existing and potential customers.
- Write up detailed reports about the pending and open cases in the service department.
- Write up detailed service reports on immediate return from service visits and distribute as required.
- Manage and accurately maintain the service report, RMA and quotations logs.
- Report weekly as required to your line manager on customer service activities.
- Work closely with your line manager to offer an optimum service to our customers.
- Work with limited supervision and be responsible for testing, troubleshooting and characterisation of high power equipment and/or sub-assemblies consisting of optical, electronic, mechanical, vacuum, fluid flow, and/or pneumatic sub-systems.
- Work from highly complex test procedures, electro/mechanical schematics, written and/or verbal descriptions, and layouts to perform testing, characterisation, and troubleshooting functions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on systems on customer sites.
- Perform predictive maintenance analysis of equipment installed in the field to improve the client's service offering and to suggest service interventions to the customers based on this analysis.
- Assist with the training of customer or PPL technicians.
- To demonstrate a consistent and sustained focus and commitment to achieving targets and timescales, despite setbacks, obstacles and other compromised situations.
- To be creative in design; organised and persuasive in development, disciplined and effective in delivery and attentive and proactive in all of your work.
- The ability to affect opinions and influence decisions through the use of persuasive, intelligent argument and innovative development/design ideas, whilst maintaining integrity and respect.
- The willingness to travel extensively worldwide - occasionally for long periods - in order to meet the needs of our customers.
- The ability to operate efficiently and successfully in a demanding customer environment.
- The ability to effectively use hand tools, meters, scopes, and other pertinent specialised equipment.
- To have a high degree of competence in optical, electrical and electronic systems, and experience in an industrial development environment.
- Knowledge of safe working practices in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.