Residential Care Manager
Job Main Purpose
We are looking for a dynamic, hands on Registered Manager who will help us develop our service and drive it forwards so our residents are given the best support possible to achieve their life ambitions. It will be your job to oversee and manage, as Registered Manager, a small Residential Care Home for people with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities in the Hitchin area of North Hertfordshire. In addition to the duties of a Registered Manager, required by the regulatory bodies, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Service, monitoring activities and ensuring the quality of support and care is in line with company policy and ethos and sector regulatory standards.
You will help to create a culture of team development and team working that aspires to delivering best practice and best life outcomes for individuals using our services.
- Annual Salary up to £30,000 ( Part-time / Full time Hours Avaliable on a Pro Rata Basis)
- Excellent Training and Development Programme
- Sick Pay and Pension Scheme
- 28 Days Holiday (Inc Bank Holidays)
- Free secure on-site parking
- Easy access to public transport if needed
- Costco Discount Card (after probationary period)
- Herts Rewards
In addition to the CQC requirements for a Registered Manager you will be required to:
- Monitor Service performance against operational targets and timescales,
- Maintain and improve quality standards and sector regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all relevant external regulatory requirements (CQC etc.) are met
- Ensure people using our services are safeguarded by consistent compliance with internal policies, medication management systems, staff handbook etc.
- Be responsible for Health and Safety (H&S) requirements at the site and the H&S of all site users.
- In consultation with the Proprietor, formulate & implement a Service Development Plan which includes the estimated needs and resources to deliver growth.
- Manage your own working time to meet staff supervisory requirements.
- Ensure that staff shift rotas are sufficient and available to meet the staffing level requirements at all times and a suitable staff mix is available to meet the needs of residents and the service.
- Manage the Service and workload by delegating appropriate tasks to staff, helping them to organise and co-ordinate their work to deadlines, quality standards and budgets.
- Develop/utilise professional relationships to gain referrals and admissions and contribute towards required occupancy in line with fee / budget requirements.
- Complete and submit work and updates accurately and to deadlines e.g. Q&A/H&S audit actions, Time at Work, petty cash, operational reports, Incident and Accident reporting,
- Ensure the positive well-being of the individuals we support while actively working with the staff team to support achievement of their aspirations and delivering meaningful outcomes.
- Dealing with issues, comments and complaints about service delivery in line with policy and process.
- Ensure the people in our care have appropriate support plans and risk assessments, working with staff to enable each individual to make informed decisions & choices and participate in regular support plan reviews.
- Utilise existing systems to monitor, measure and report on satisfaction levels of all users acting on areas of dissatisfaction promptly.
- Establish and maintaining regular contact with relevant external stake holders including family, friends and professionals
- At least 3 years management experience at a similar level
- Acceptable to CQC for Registration a Resisted Manager
- NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Passion and enthusiasm to achieve required outcomes.
- Willing to learn new skills and develop current knowledge