Information Governance Officer
Does the idea of working in modern offices for a large Scottish charitable association based in Edinburgh sound like something you want to be part of?
We’re looking to speak to Information Governance Officers to discuss joining the team to support the IT and Information Governance Manager in delivering an effective service which will promote and increase awareness of information and good practice across the business. You will be working on various Information Governance projects to ensure the organisation is compliant and meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements. This will include relevant legislation around GDPR.
You will have the freedom and flexibility to influence, advise and train internal and external staff on all aspects of Information Governance and demonstrate the importance of this to the business, management and stakeholders.
What does your day look like?
- You will provide an efficient, effective and professional service capable of meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Play an essential role within the GDPR working group to effectively deliver the GDPR readiness
- Provide support to the Information Governance Management group
- Engage with staff to raise awareness and provide accurate and consistent information governance guidance across the business
- Create and deliver information governance training for teams ensuring mandatory compliance needs are achieved
- Play active role within Corporate Services Departments
- Perform investigations, report and escalation of possible breaches policies
- Coordinate regular risk assessments of IT system.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has experience in implementing, maintaining and improving information
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Data Protection Foundation Certificate desirable but not essential
- Ability to work to tight deadlines including working effectively to ensure regulatory deadlines are met
- Highly effective team working skills, with an ability to collaborate with others and develop strong and effective working relationships across an organisation
- Lead on elements of GDPR project work.
- Full driving license with access to car
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the 'apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.