Lead DevOps Engineer
As Lead DevOps Engineer, you will provide hands-on technical leadership across IOP Publishing’s cross-functional engineering teams with responsibility for developing the principles, processes and tooling to drive the adoption of devops best practices and increased operational efficiency.
A champion of devops engineering practices, you will foster a devops engineering culture to streamline delivery and increase agility.
Knowledge & previous experience
- Advanced cloud hosting expertise through AWS.
- Advanced devops expertise, including automation, continuous delivery, monitoring and security.
- Experienced in driving the adoption of devops practices and culture.
- Direct experience in driving adoption of new principles, practices, processes and tooling related to devops.
- Technical team leadership and mentoring experience.
- Experience of agile and continuous improvement.
- Good cross-functional knowledge, including operations, development and quality assurance.
- Experienced in mentoring and developing engineering staff so they can continue to grow and succeed.
- Good knowledge of appropriate tools and technologies:
- Linux - RedHat / CentOS
- Puppet \ OpsWorks
- Bamboo / Jenkins
- Scripting (Python etc)
- ELK / Elastic Stack
About the benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and generous annual leave, and a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership. We also have a subsidised café which is a popular, sociable spot for meetings and lunch.
Our modern and contemporary offices are based in the thriving city centre of Bristol, a stone’s throw away from Temple Meads train station, and within walking distance of Cabot Circus shopping centre, and numerous cafés and restaurants.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter through our careers site highlighting your previous experience and how it applies to the role, and why you are interested in this opportunity and IOP Publishing.
About IOP Publishing Tech
The Institute of Physics Publishing is an international scientific publisher, delivering leading-edge research worldwide. Our digital portfolio includes the IOPscience journals platform, Physics World news and regional websites.
The tech department is made up of Digital Transformation - leading on digital delivery and global digital services and Engineering - providing technical leadership for software development, QA, DevOps and application support. Our IT department has approximately 50 members of staff and also work closely with an offshore development team.