Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead
Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead
Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead:
Do you have an background in supporting business critical or technical applications? Do you have a broad technical skillset but looking to be re-trained in new technologies and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about technology, with a strong customer service ethos, wanting to work with emerging technologies including Azure, AWS?
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - About the company
Do you want to be part of a successful data technology data driven services organisation, that delivers software systems for the commercial , private & public sectors, supporting a range of Infrastructure, applications and customers?
The company operate a hybrid environment utilising Azure, AWS, Datacentre and on premise infrastructure.
Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst - About the role:
The Infrastructure Engineer/ Team Lead role will be office based in their Preston office.
The Infrastructure Support Team Lead will ensure that a high level of service is provided to the business, and work closely with other IT teams to continually maintain and improve overall IT performance, as well as actively being involved in the introduction of new technologies.
Working in an ITIL environment, the Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead will also be involved in incident, problem, change, service and release management activities.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Infrastructure Engineer /Support Team Lead to join an organisation with a commitment to the latest technologies, as well as an excellent track record in training and developing their staff.
Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead - Key Responsibilities:
- Support of multi-site technical environments including LAN, WAN, Microsoft, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Datacentre
- Take ownership of escalated issues from infrastructure team and resolving any queries within SLA
- Provide technical and professional leadership, using specialist knowledge and experience to shape service delivery within area.
- Maintaining a high performance, secure and resilient infrastructure which is adequate to support the Group’s current and future
- Developing and maintaining relevant policies and procedures to support secure infrastructure environment and working
- Translating the strategic requirements of your IT Manager into operational delivery through your team
- Production and maintenance of an infrastructure development roadmap which supports the Group’s requirements.
- Managing a service desk function and infrastructure analysts
- Provision of mobile and telephony solutions
- Act as a technical specialist across the organisation, providing day to day advice and guidance, and training where required, to colleagues and providing timely and accurate information to support effective decision making.
Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead - Essential Technical Skills:
Candidates must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- LAN / WAN, AD, DNS + Group Policy
- IIS & Web
- Cloud technologies - AWS, Azure or Office 365
- VMWare - good level of understanding
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, AD, Group Policy
- Networking -TCP/ IP, Switches, routers
- Hardware support and configuration
- Datacentre, SAN or SharePoint experience will be beneficial
Infrastructure Engineer / Team Lead - Benefits (Negotiable)
- Basic salary of up to £40k on offer
Candidates will have a diverse technical background and passion for resolving queries to a high stand within SLA’s.
The company need to scale their service desk in order to cope with the Group’s progression towards 24/7 support environment. This role will manage a growing number of direct reports, so any experience of team leadership is desirable.
This role would suit a hands on Infrastructure Engineer who is open to developing and leading an Infrastructure team forward including service desk development
If you are keen to join progressive company, gain exposure to a diverse array of technologies, and gain some internal training and development please apply. You will be given the opportunity to learn and progress within the organisation. and make an impact with their technical environment.