Interface Manager / Civil Engineer
Ideally you will already have a background in civil engineering and interfacing with key agencies such as Highways England, Network Rail and local authorities. This is a senior role within the team and the successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of 10 years construction experience with 5 in a management role, co-ordinating multiple contractors in a work area.
You will have past experience of several, if not all of HE, NR, Major utility providers in the UK to get up to speed quickly and to operate independently.
Understanding of major infrastructure projects to instinctively assess the impact of our design on other parties eg knowledge of deep foundations and piling techniques essential. Knowledge of large scale structures and tunnelling is preferable.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at a senior level with key stakeholders and to represent a JV in a professional manner. Cool headed under pressure.
You will be responsible for managing the interface with a range of key statutory authorities and ensuring that agreements are put in place in a timely manner. You will report to the Interface Manager who sits on the Executive Committee.
The role is to work closely with the Interface Manager and the Stakeholder Manager to cover a wide range of activities and engagements with 3rd parties. You will support the above mentioned individuals and help present and interact at events (some of these evening events) and to cover in periods of absence.
Particular responsibility will be held for relationships with the following:
• Enabling Works Contract for which experience of the management of wide ranging survey works and environmental mitigation will be required.
• Affinity Water. This is a critical interface where our Client are constructing deep foundations within a chalk aquifer as well as interface with services in this area. Consideration of the relevant consents to support these works is essential.
• Co-ordination of utility works to be carried out by other parties including attending IDC and IDR and reviewing design information from these parties.
• Knowledge of Highways England and Network Rail is required to assist with co-ordination of works with these parties where the new HS2 route impacts on existing transport network.
• Where applicable attend public engagement events to present Align's proposals in relation to these works and more generally.
• Work with estimating team to advises on how the Interfaces will impact the Target Price
Our client is major civil engineering / construction company which is undertaking work on the prestigious HS2 project. This is your chance to work on one of the UK's largest construction projects and a join a world class organisation