Retail Operations Manager
Go-Getting Retail Operations Manager for historic charity in London
This is an exciting opportunity for a Retail Operations Manager to join an ambitious and overachieving Retail team and be part of our ongoing success story. So far we have achieved the highest average basket value in the country and we keep pushing the boundaries every day.
We work with luxury retailers and a wide network of donors and volunteers to grow our stock quality and variety. Our brand stands for a lot more than just generating profit - it is about supporting people through hardest of times.
Our Retail Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing up to 10 stores, reporting directly to Director of Retail. A key element of the role will be to support and deliver key activities from the retail strategy, devising effective business plans to optimise shops performance.
Essential skills and qualities for this role:
- Strong leadership qualities with excellent people management skills and a proven ability to develop and motivate a team covering a wide spectrum of personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commercial acumen, as the role necessitates advanced relationship building and communication skills in order to build rapport with head office staff, shop managers, customers and donors to effectively utilise all business opportunities.
- Specialist knowledge of the charity retail sector coupled with an extensive understanding of retail multi-site small shop environments in order to carry out the duties of this role.
- Energetic, self-motivated, consistently proactive personality and ability to demonstrate initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Confident decision maker, able to evaluate and solve problems in a complex and fast-paced commercial environment.
- Delivery of high standards of visual merchandising and display
- A strong role model to the area team providing leadership, guidance, advice and support.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering results and growth in the retail sector. You will exemplify and champion our values: excellence; compassion; inspire; integrity; innovation; and leadership.
To our Retail Operations Manager, we offer a competitive salary, augmented by bonus scheme as well as 28 days holiday and pension.
If you are interested in this Retail Operations Manager role and possess the skills necessary please apply below.