Trainee Accountant (AAT or ACCA)
We are a growing independent firm of Chartered Certified Accountants providing audit, accountancy, taxation and business advisory services throughout Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and beyond. Our offices are based in Witney and Marlborough.
We currently have a number of vacancies for trainee accountants to join our team in Witney.
Successful candidates will either be enrolled onto the ACCA training scheme or the AAT training scheme depending on experience and previous qualifications.
We are also interested to meet applicants who are part way through a training contract and have experience of working within a practice environment.
You will gain full training and support towards achieving your accountancy qualification and developing your skills and abilities for a long-term accountancy career within our firm and beyond.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- preparing accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
- providing bookkeeping and VAT work to a range of clients;
- assisting senior staff members with audit work; and
- dealing with ad hoc queries and occasional visits to client premises;
You will receive fully funded training and support both within the firm and at Reed Business School (ACCA) or Abingdon and Witney College (AAT), including study leave and time off for exams.
Your Manager will work closely with you to support you through your development and you will be allocated a member of the team who will provide additional day to day guidance and help.
We provide a flexible benefits package and 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 25 with length of service.
Successful candidates will be positive, enthusiastic and quality orientated. They will be self-motivated with the ability and willingness to undertake and succeed in a range of professional studies.
Ideally candidates will have the following skills:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English at grade B or above
- Have good IT skills, specifically Excel
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be a good communicator (both in writing and verbally)
- Have excellent team working skills and able to use own initiative
- Relevant work experience is preferable but not essential