Sales Data and Report Analyst
Our client are a leading provider of food & farming sector environmental and carbon assessments. The food supply chain is under more pressure to reduce its environmental footprint and requires support in achieving this objective. Our client work for large food retailers to deliver on their environmental or efficiency goals.
They are looking to add to the team following an expansion into new territories. The successful candidate will join the Technical Team within the company which supports the development and delivery of their services and advisory tools domestically and overseas.
THE ROLE - Farm data and report analyst
The role will help to maintain and enhance data quality as they expand into new markets and adapt the ways in which they deliver their services. They have recently started to collect data in Australia and Canada and are looking to establish new ways in which to monitor and improve the quality and accuracy of data to deliver on agreed customer goals.
You will join the Technical team comprising of analytical, research and technical project support staff, this role will report to the Head of Technical Development and will work closely with other departments of the business. You will be using your existing knowledge of agricultural systems and also utilising the additional training which you will receive to appraise farm data quality, then ensure a clear set of results and 'next steps’ to help farmers improve their businesses are returned in a timely fashion. You will be an important part of the team working directly with some of the largest food retailers in the UK.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal successful candidate will meet the following criteria.
• Direct experience or a good knowledge of at least one sector of livestock production would be an advantage
• At least two years in a project support or data orientated occupation, preferably in the agricultural sector
• Strong analytic skills with experience of data analysis and quality control
• Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Any experience of business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI would be a benefit
• Any experience of SQL, Access or other database programs would be a benefit
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• A passion for quality
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work to agreed timelines
• Excellent written English and attention to detail
• A 'can-do’ attitude and a high degree of energy and focus on engaging with new ideas
• Capable of creating and working to procedures
• A resilient and creative thinker
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business for your own career development providing a range of future opportunities.