Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Engineer
This challenging new role will be involved in supporting all aspects of the design and analysis requirements for the company’s global business using FEA tools.
Major responsibilities include the design, development and testing of finite element models for engineering and analysis purposes, typically seen in the automotive industry using mostly composite materials.
• Lead finite element modelling for analysing composite structures as used in the automotive industry.
• Writing test plans for finite element modelling, data collection processes, and model calibration and correlation studies using a range of analytical methods and engineering tools.
• Coordinating with staff involved in testing and analysis of finite element modelling, providing solutions to FEA models, and interpreting the results accordingly.
• Generating reports summarizing analysis results and reviewing all project-related analysis for ensuring the accuracy of project reports.
Expected Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Exceptional knowledge in FEA modelling using general FEA codes such as LS DYNA, NASTRAN, ANSA, ALTAIR, HYPERWORKS
• Some expertise in advanced FEA skills including non-linear analysis.
• Excellent communication skills with a sound knowledge of technical writing for generating test plans and reports.
• Demonstrable organisational and time management skills, with the capability both to work individually or as part of a team.
• A minimum of a Graduate level degree in mechanical engineering, mathematical engineering, or a directly relevant degree in the field of mathematics and/or engineering, is essential for consideration.
• Willingness to learn - this is an innovative company and is committed to developing its own knowledge and that of its employees.
• Adaptable - this is a small company and employees may be expected to perform a range of tasks.
• Reliability - Thoughtfully committing to tasks and actions and consistently carrying them out. Our "yes" means "yes" and our "no" means "no".
• Honesty - The company believes the concept of ethical behaviour should be at the heart of our decisions.
The role is based in Nottingham, but please be aware that some travel may be required.