Project Management Accountant
My client is a fast growing NGO that fights corruption in the UK and abroad, in government, business and security. They have recently acquired two multi-million pound grants, so with exciting plans and projects ahead, they are seeking an experienced interim project management accountant to be responsible for reporting on all institutional funding.
- Monitoring and reporting project income and expenditure against budgets, together with management reporting to senior management team and budget holders
- Communicating with internal departmental operational staff to obtain financial data from local partners and chapters in accordance with donor requirements
- Setting and communicating standards and processes, including the implementation of a unified project management system for project management, budgeting and donor reporting on projects
- Training operational staff and budget holders on "best practice" on financial project management
- Working with budget holders and the senior management to budget and plan projects
- Taking the lead for financial reporting to donors.
The successful candidate will be a strong management accountant with experience in global programmes and donor reporting, particularly large institutional grants. They will also be someone who always uses initiative and seeks process improvements. This a new role that will allow the right candidate to add real lasting value to the way the projects team work.